This event will take place online with an introduction by the OfS and a great line up of speakers including:
- Professor Jacqueline Stevenson MBE University of Leeds
- Professor John Butcher The Open University
- Navjot Kaur Virk, University of Derby
- Caroline McDonald Birkbeck, University of London
We will also take some time to explore the particular opportunities and challenges that online learning represents for mature students with:
- Paula Shaw Associate Professor of Online Learning, University of Derby
As always, there will be plenty of time for discussion about developing and evaluating provision for mature students.
Please scroll down for the booking form.
Event Further Information
After many years of decline in the number of mature undergraduates, the value of participation in higher education for individuals, society and the economy has been recognised by policy makers. This event will outline some of the factors that have led to the decline in mature students, set out the recent changes in policy designed to address the issue and explore how evaluation and research can support the institutional change required to attract older learners.